Saturday, April 3, 2010

"Life is Like a Boat"

Nobody knows who I really am,
The cruelest way for you to condemn,
Is to be placed in the unknown blue,
Whether there's a way out, I have no clue.

We are all rowing the boat of fate,
But there's different ways that we can choose to take,
If ocean waves don't take us away,
Our motionless future will never sway.

You make me want to strain at the oars,
And I will feel as if I fought in wars,
Because the wrath of the ocean storms,
Have no norms.

When will I ever see the shore?
Now I'll never know what Earth bore.

2 comments:

  1. Emily, great job! Your poem is amazing. I like the specific lyrics you used from your song even though I haven't heard this song. But your entire poem helps me understand what the lyrics mean so I think you did a wonderful job on your poem. I think you are really talented at writing poems. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete